www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dave Watkinson <apa...@dwatkinson.co.uk>
Subject config/8008: Can't have a directory called PHP in htdocs
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2001 13:22:37 GMT

>Number:         8008
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Can't have a directory called PHP in htdocs
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
A colleague set up a directory within htdocs called PHP which contained several html &
PHP files.

We got a 404 Error every time we wanted to access anything within that directory, and the
Apache error log said that the browser was trying to access the file (say test.php) from c:\php\test.php.
Turns out it was because the directory was called PHP. I renamed it and all was fine.

I guess it's a mix-up with the ScriptAlias in httpd.conf? Not sure if it's an Apache or a
PHP problem, so I thought I'd let you both know!

Didn't find anything on this online anywhere either.

Cheers!

Dave
>How-To-Repeat:
see above.