www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Elmar Kolkman <el...@june.com>
Subject re:mod_rewrite/5714: mod_rewrite->mod_proxy escaping problem
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2001 12:30:03 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_rewrite/5714; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Elmar Kolkman <elmar@june.com>
To: mlist-mail@esosoft.net
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: re:mod_rewrite/5714: mod_rewrite->mod_proxy escaping problem
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:18:19 +0200

 I found a way to repeat this problem and a work around, though I think
 it should be solved too.

 The problem can be repeated, at least with version 1.3.20, by disabling
 the sharing of mod_proxy and allow the sharing of mod_rewrite. I had to
 do this because on the Sun Sparc Solaris 7 the shared version of
 mod_proxy complained about an unknown variable or something like that.
 I could repeat the problem on Linux RH 7.0 with 2.4.4 kernel.

 By disabling the sharing of mod_rewrite, the problem was solved. And by
 allowing the sharing of mod_proxy and mod_rewrite (which didn't work on
 the SUN).

 So: the workaround is to disable sharing for both modules or use sharing
 for both.

 Good luck

             Elmar Kolkman