www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Brian Davison <davi...@cs.rutgers.edu>
Subject mod_proxy/7986: Apache will sometimes return a cached copy of an uncacheable object.
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2001 23:56:19 GMT

>Number:         7986
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       Apache will sometimes return a cached copy of an uncacheable object.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
A description with examples, sample code can be found at:

http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~davison/error/

I'm not sure of the severity of this bug, except probably for high-volume reverse proxy caching
with uncacheable resources.
>How-To-Repeat:
Multiple connections need to request the same file (probably at very close to the same time).

>Fix:
Haven't yet looked into the code.
My wild guess is that apache allows the serving of objects in memory before they have been
checked for cacheability.