www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jonathan Butler <...@vort-x.com>
Subject general/7982: Installation exits just before filecopy starts
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2001 09:21:36 GMT

>Number:         7982
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Installation exits just before filecopy starts
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I installed version 1.1 of Windows installer on the server successfully and restarted.  I
ran Apache setup and everything seemed ok until it was about to copy files where setup was
"interrupted".  I didn't press cancel or anything!  I tried installing it while logged in
as a domain administrator (this is the first time i've had problems with a software installation
while logged in as this).  I then tried installing Windows Installer 1.2 (successfully again)
and setup still quits out just before files are about to be copied.  I then downloaded a previous
version of Apache (a version which doesn't use the windows installer), version 1.3.6 and that
now is running fine.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Not as such, no