www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Pekka Savola <pek...@netcore.fi>
Subject mod_mime/7964: mime_magic_module + little-endian data => internal server error
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2001 10:45:01 GMT

>Number:         7964
>Category:       mod_mime
>Synopsis:       mime_magic_module + little-endian data => internal server error
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Iff mime_magic_module is enabled, and you have little-endian data
(might be some other data types too, but I came across this one):

# file data
data: RIFF (little-endian) data

You _always_ get a 500 internal server error when you try to access the file.

Turning mime_magic off fixes this.

>How-To-Repeat:
Download the data example (server has mime_magic disabled) from:

http://www.netcore.fi/pekkas/riff_data

and try.
>Fix:
Enhance mime_magic to be more robust somehow ;-)