www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Rob Donat" <do...@sedonatech.com>
Subject RE: general/7910: after upgrading from 1.3.9, often times page requests are sent twice per request
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2001 03:45:59 GMT
I am unsure why it is only occurring with the .20 however & not .9.  I guess
you're saying .20 does something which makes ie behave strangely, right?  I
can't really trace through more than you, but keep this in mind going
forward -- I have the feeling you'll see quite a few more bugs of this sort
as database requests are duplicated on all apache web servers.

Thanks,
Rob.

-----Original Message-----
From: marc@apache.org [mailto:marc@apache.org]
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2001 10:40 PM
To: apache-bugdb@apache.org; marc@apache.org; rdonat@sedonatech.com
Subject: Re: general/7910: after upgrading from 1.3.9, often times page
requests are sent twice per request

Synopsis: after upgrading from 1.3.9, often times page requests are sent
twice per request

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: marc
State-Changed-When: Sun Jun 24 20:40:11 PDT 2001
State-Changed-Why:
I'm afraid there isn't really anything we can do here; whatever reason IE
has for deciding to send duplicate requests is what IE is doing.  Microsoft
is the only one that can explain IE's odd and bogus behaviour...

Clearly, Apache is getting multiple requests, so it is processing them.
There are any number of completely legitimate changes to how Apache does
things that, while legal, IE may be unable to handle.  We really don't have
the resources to try to figure out just why IE is broken.