www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Benjamin Elbirt <ben...@nac.net>
Subject general/7947: Apache::LogFile with TransferLog and rotatelogs Problems
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2001 20:13:41 GMT

>Number:         7947
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Apache::LogFile with TransferLog and rotatelogs Problems
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
IN HTTPD.CONF:
  ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log
  LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined
  CustomLog /usr/local/apache/logs/access_log combined

  PerlModule Apache::LogFile
  PerlLogFile logs/urs.app_error_log My::URS::ERRLog
  TransferLog "|/usr/local/apache/bin/rotatelogs /usr/local/apache/logs/urs.app_error_log
3600"

I'm getting it to rotate the logs without a problem, but for some WIERD reason (I can't explain)
it
puts access_log and error_log content in these files when it is not supposed to.  If I turn
off the
TransferLog part, the problem goes away.  I see this happens most often when the mod_perl
application
running doesn't write to the My::URS::ERRLog (i.e. there was nothing to report).