www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From savitri hunasheekatti <savitri.hunasheeka...@digital.com>
Subject mod_access/7892: how to set security as in unix.
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2001 07:16:07 GMT

>Number:         7892
>Category:       mod_access
>Synopsis:       how to set security as in unix.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I want to give directory access to some perticular users.For that I created .htaccess file
in that directory.
whenever someone tries to access this directory. It pop up a window & asking for username
& passwd. if username & password is correct it gives access to that directory.otherwise
it asks for username & password continuosly. I want it to ask username & password
only for three times. How to set it.
thanks
regards
savitri