www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Roy Hooper <rhoo...@toybox.ca>
Subject build/7868: custom config.layout may get apachectl incorrect
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2001 02:47:50 GMT

>Number:         7868
>Category:       build
>Synopsis:       custom config.layout may get apachectl incorrect
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I made a heavily modified config.layout entry "Customized" and built apache as follows.

#   Customized Apache path layout for multi-machine multi-architecture setup
<Layout Customized>
    prefix:        /local/shared/apache
    exec_prefix:   /local/arch/apache
    bindir:        $exec_prefix/bin
    sbindir:       $exec_prefix/bin
    libexecdir:    $exec_prefix/modules
    mandir:        $prefix/man
    sysconfdir:    /local/system/apache/conf
    datadir:       /local/shared/apache
    iconsdir:      $datadir/icons
    htdocsdir:     $datadir/htdocs
    cgidir:        $datadir/cgi-bin
    includedir:    $prefix/include
    localstatedir: /local/system/apache
    runtimedir:    $localstatedir/logs
    logfiledir:    $prefix/logs
    proxycachedir: $localstatedir/proxy
</Layout>

I then built it as:

./configure  --enable-auth-db --enable-dav --enable-dav-fs --enable-vhost-alias --enable-rewrite
--enable-layout=Customized

I then installed it:

root@web1:/local/source/httpd-2_0_16[60]# make install
Making install in srclib
Making install in apr
Making all in lib
Making all in strings
Making all in passwd
Making all in tables
Making all in file_io/unix
Making all in network_io/unix
Making all in threadproc/unix
Making all in misc/unix
Making all in locks/unix
Making all in time/unix
Making all in mmap/unix
Making all in shmem/unix
(cd mm && make libmm.la)
`libmm.la' is up to date.
Making all in i18n/unix
Making all in user/unix
Making all in dso/unix
if [ ! -d /usr/local/include ]; then  ./build/mkdir.sh /usr/local/include;  fi;  cp include/*.h
/usr/local/include;  if [ ! -d /usr/local/lib ]; then  ./build/mkdir.sh /usr/local/lib;  fi;
 libtool --mode=install cp libapr.la /usr/local/lib
cp .libs/libapr.lai /usr/local/lib/libapr.la
cp .libs/libapr.a /usr/local/lib/libapr.a
ranlib /usr/local/lib/libapr.a
chmod 644 /usr/local/lib/libapr.a
/usr/bin/env OBJFORMAT="elf" /sbin/ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib
Libraries have been installed in:
   /usr/local/lib

If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
specify the full pathname of the library, or use `-LLIBDIR'
flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable
     during execution
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_RUN_PATH' environment variable
     during linking
   - use the `-Wl,--rpath -Wl,LIBDIR' linker flag

See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for
more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.
Making install in apr-util
Making all in buckets
Making all in crypto
Making all in dbm
Making all in sdbm
Making all in .
Making all in encoding
Making all in hooks
Making all in uri
Making all in xml
Making all in expat
if [ ! -d /usr/local/include ]; then  /data01/source/httpd-2_0_16/srclib/apr/build/mkdir.sh
/usr/local/include;  fi;  cp include/*.h /usr/local/include;  if [ ! -d /usr/local/lib ];
then  /data01/source/httpd-2_0_16/srclib/apr/build/mkdir.sh /usr/local/lib;  fi;  libtool
--mode=install cp libaprutil.la /usr/local/lib
cp .libs/libaprutil.lai /usr/local/lib/libaprutil.la
cp .libs/libaprutil.a /usr/local/lib/libaprutil.a
ranlib /usr/local/lib/libaprutil.a
chmod 644 /usr/local/lib/libaprutil.a
/usr/bin/env OBJFORMAT="elf" /sbin/ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib
Libraries have been installed in:
   /usr/local/lib

If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
specify the full pathname of the library, or use `-LLIBDIR'
flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable
     during execution
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_RUN_PATH' environment variable
     during linking
   - use the `-Wl,--rpath -Wl,LIBDIR' linker flag

See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for
more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.
Making install in pcre
Making install in os
Making install in unix
Making install in server
Making install in mpm
Making install in prefork
Making install in modules
Making install in aaa
Making install in dav/fs
Making install in dav/main
Making install in filters
Making install in http
Making install in loggers
Making install in mappers
Making install in metadata
Making install in generators
Making install in support
mkdir /local/arch/apache
mkdir /local/arch/apache/bin
Installing configuration files
mkdir /local/shared/apache
mkdir /local/shared/apache/conf
Installing HTML documents
mkdir /local/shared/apache/htdocs
mkdir /local/shared/apache/htdocs/manual
Installing icons
mkdir /local/shared/apache/icons
mkdir /local/shared/apache/logs
Installing CGIs
mkdir /local/shared/apache/cgi-bin
Installing header files
mkdir /local/shared/apache/include
Installing Support Binaries
chmod 755 /local/arch/apache/bin/apachectl

And ran
/local/arch/apache/bin/apachectl

and got

root@web1:/local/source/httpd-2_0_16[64]# /local/arch/apache/bin/apachectl start
/local/arch/apache/bin/apachectl: /local/shared/apache/bin/httpd: not found
/local/arch/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
>How-To-Repeat:
See above