www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Robin Thellend <apache...@robin.pfft.net>
Subject general/7865: %2F in PATH_INFO
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2001 20:23:39 GMT

>Number:         7865
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       %2F in PATH_INFO
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
http://yourhost/yourscript/path/info

Normally, this will execute 'yourscript' with PATH_INTO set to '/path/info'.
This is the correct behaviour.

http://yourhost/yourscript/path%2Finfo

This should produce the exact same result but instead gives 404 everytime and
the script is never executed.

So from my observations, I concluded that whenever there is a %2F *after* the
script name (i.e. in PATH_INFO), apache always returns a 404 result code.
http://pfft.net/robin/foo.php/foo/bar
http://pfft.net/robin/foo.php/foo%2Fbar
>Fix:
*shrugs*