www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Rolf Fokkens <fokke...@vertis.nl>
Subject mod_proxy/7864: ProxyPass needs another argument
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2001 18:49:59 GMT

>Number:         7864
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       ProxyPass needs another argument
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
We use an apache server in front of some other web servers, mostly for logging
in a uniform way. We use proxypass te pass on requests to the other web servers.
This assumes however that the other server has a different name than the apache
server:
<VirtualHost ..>
    ServerName front.server.dom
    ProxyPass / http://back.server.dom/
</VirtualHost>

For some purposes it would be convenient to do:

<VirtualHost ...>
    ServerName front.server.dom
    ProxyPass / http://front.server.dom/ back.server.dom
</VirtualHost>

This would allow the back.server.dom machine to have front.server.dom as a
virtual host as well.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Please, add the suggested optional host parameter.