www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Mark Morley <m...@islandnet.com>
Subject general/7856: QUERY_STRING not getting set
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:42:59 GMT

>Number:         7856
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       QUERY_STRING not getting set
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE, PIII-800, gcc 2.95.2

# uname -a
FreeBSD www.islandnet.com 4.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE #0: Tue Mar  6 13:08:2
4 PST 2001     root@newhub.islandnet.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/CUSTOM  i386
Given a CGI that performs an action base on the QUERY_STRING environment variable, and an
HTML page that contains <!--#exec cgi="THAT_CGI" -->, and we load the HTML page as "test.shtml?a=b",
we're finding that QUERY_STRING is undefined in the CGI, but on a 1.3.17 server it's set to
"a=b" as we'd expect (and as it's worked for us through every version of Apache over the years
until 1.3.20).

The CGI is definitely running, and if we invoke it directly the QUERY_STRING value is correct,
but when it's <!--#exec ...>'d from within a parsed file it isn't being set.  This is
breaking a lot of CGIs here and preventing us from upgrading several servers.

Any ideas?  I posted this in the newsgroup and tried to find a reference to it in the bug
database, but neither turned up anything.

Thanks,

Mark