www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Theo Liskamp <t.lisk...@prv.gelderland.nl>
Subject mod_proxy/7849: Proxy Server directive to IIS4.0 gives Error-400 when underscores are used.
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2001 10:16:48 GMT

>Number:         7849
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       Proxy Server directive to IIS4.0 gives Error-400 when underscores are
used.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
We use Apache as Webserver and Proxy Server directives to IIS4.0 for certain applications.
It all worked until I upgraded an NT server with a patch for vulnerabiltiy issue. Suddenly
the URL's using underscores return "Error 400 ... Malformed request". Did test the following:

- Use the direct URL to server --- everything worked.
- Use another proxy to non-upgraded NT webserver --- everything worked.
- Upgraded from Apache 1.3.12 to 1.3.20 --- same results.

My question is: Are there any known issues about this behaviour when you use Apache (mod_proxy)
proxying to Windows IIS4.0 at a certain patchlevel and if so, how can we solve this problem?

>How-To-Repeat:
This problem is only repeatable from within our site or you should create a similar setup.