www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Antonio D'souza <q...@quikbox.ca>
Subject general/7844: Server dies when MaxClients reached on FreeBSD
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2001 20:12:59 GMT

>Number:         7844
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Server dies when MaxClients reached on FreeBSD
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I got the following error message in my apache errorlog and the server then ceased to fulfill
page requests:

[error] server reached MaxClients setting, consider raising the MaxClients setting

The relevent sections of my httpd.conf file are pasted below:

<IfModule prefork.c>
StartServers         5
MinSpareServers      5
MaxSpareServers     10
MaxClients          32
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>

<IfModule threaded.c>
StartServers         3
MaxClients          20
MinSpareThreads      5
MaxSpareThreads     10
ThreadsPerChild     25
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>

>How-To-Repeat:
I would imagine that installing apache2 from the FreeBSD ports collection and sending many
requests to the server would reproduce the bug.
>Fix:
I cranked up my maxCliebts setting but that isn't a very elegant solution.