www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Mark Schwartz <mschwa...@massmutual.com>
Subject mod_usertrack/7829: CookieName directive doesn't work in primary server's vhost config
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 19:49:51 GMT

>Number:         7829
>Category:       mod_usertrack
>Synopsis:       CookieName directive doesn't work in primary server's vhost config
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I am seeing a problem reported in a dejanews article from 2000/04/01.  Here is the mail attachment
from preeper@my-deja.com which contains an excellent summary of the issue:

I just upgraded to apache 1.3.12 and am using the dynamic libraries
including mod_usertrack.  In httpd.conf I use the following to set
cookies in each virtual host:
CookieTracking on
CookieExpires "2 years"
CookieName "mycookie"
It seems to work fine for every virtual host except for the one that is
also the main server... If I put it into the global server
configuration, however, it then sets the cookie on every virtual host,
which I definitely don't want to happen... I am setting the cookie right
after the serveradmin directive... I can't put it in the <directory>
area because then I can't use the cookieexpires and keeping the cookie
only for the current session is useless to me... Anyone have any ideas.
>How-To-Repeat:
see full description.
>Fix:
Sorry.  I wish I did:-)