www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Zak Greant <...@nucleus.com>
Subject general/7810: apache bails silently after a few requests for PHP files
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2001 20:18:05 GMT

>Number:         7810
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       apache bails silently after a few requests for PHP files
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
SuSE 7.1 / Linux www 2.4.0-4GB #1 Wed Jan 24 15:55:09 GMT 2001 i686 unknown

Apache was built with:
% ./configure
--enable-so \
--prefix=/home/httpd/apache2 \
--with-mpm=perchild

PHP was built with:
% ./configure \
--with-apxs2=/home/httpd/apache2/ \
--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql

/*
   The build fails during make with a warning about the number of arguments
   passed to ap_get_brigade.
   I removed the 4th argument from the call to ap_get_brigade on line
   248 of php-4.0.6RC2/sapi/apache2filter/sapi_apache2.c

   Sascha Schumann says:
   PHP 4.0.5 already reflects API changes in Apache.  Removing
   the argument on line 248 makes it work with older versions.
*/

% make

% make install
Apache fails without an error message after serving a few requests for PHP files. I have error
logging set to the debug level - no error message appears in error_log that relates to the
server failing -- only to it restarting.

I can provide the PHP scripts if desired. They operate well on older versions of Apache, as
well as Xitami and IIS.