www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Segey Pozdnyakov <ser...@mail.ru>
Subject mod_auth-any/7797: Incorrect URI comparison algorithm in mod_auth_digest
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 08:00:18 GMT

>Number:         7797
>Category:       mod_auth-any
>Synopsis:       Incorrect URI comparison algorithm in mod_auth_digest
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When I tried to use digest authentification (with module mod_auth_digest)
on simple CGI script test.pl (which works good without digest authentification;
 see code below), I get the following error message:

Digest: uri mismatch - </cgi-bin/test.pl> does not match request-uri </cgi-bin/test.pl?query=view>

I think that the problem is in incorrect URI comparison algorithm in
mod_auth_digest.c. Maybe I'm wrong, but in my opinion such requests should work
fine, where is no access violation (the script is always the same, only
parameters are changing).
>How-To-Repeat:
test.pl
-------

#!d:/perl/bin/perl.exe
use strict;
use CGI ':standard';

import_names('p');
$p::query ||= 'start';

print header, start_html;

eval "&$p::query()";

sub start{
    print "<a href=test.pl?query=view>Test</a>";
}

sub view{
    print "OK";
}