www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Edwin Grubbs <egru...@rackspace.com>
Subject mod_actions/7794: mod_bandwidth breaks POSTs to Action/AddHandler cgis
Date Thu, 31 May 2001 16:39:26 GMT

>Number:         7794
>Category:       mod_actions
>Synopsis:       mod_bandwidth breaks POSTs to Action/AddHandler cgis
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
The server is running apache-1.3.19 on RedHat 6.2 with glibc-2.1.3
uname:
Linux www.test.com 2.2.14-12.10RSsmp #1 SMP Mon Oct 9 17:03:11 CDT 2000 i686 unknown

If mod_bandwidth is loaded as a module, even if it is not used, it will cause  none of the
html form POST data to be passed on the STDIN to the cgi which is called using the Action/AddHandler
configs. This will prevent PHP from       receiving form POST data if it is run as a cgi instead
of as a module.
>How-To-Repeat:
1.
Make sure that mod_bandwidth is loaded:
LoadModule bandwidth_module   modules/mod_bandwidth.so
AddModule mod_bandwidth.c
2.
Set up a handler.
Action test-script /cgi-bin/form.cgi
AddHandler test-script .testcgi
3.
Create a form.cgi script such as:
------------
#!/bin/bash
echo "content-type: text/plain"
echo
env
echo "---- STDIN ----"
cat
---------------

4. Create a file with the extension that will trigger the handler, such as junk.testcgi. It
doesn't matter what's in the file, since we won't be processing it.

5. Create a form to post to junk.testcgi.

<form action=junk.testcgi method=POST>
<input type=text name=MYVAR value="foo">
<input type=submit value=submit>
</form>

6. Now when you go to this form and submit it, it will not show any information below the
"------STDIN-----" line in form.cgi.