www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Kevin Wang <kw...@nexprise.com>
Subject general/1098: multiple Listen statements
Date Wed, 30 May 2001 19:50:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/1098; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Kevin Wang <kwang@nexprise.com>
To: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: general/1098: multiple Listen statements
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 12:47:29 -0700

 I would actually like to request that apache IGNORE multiple Listen
 statements, and perhaps to just log an error, but continue.

 My situation is this:

 I have one main server that does nothing, really, but at the bottom of
 the main httpd.conf file, I include lots of virtual servers.  Sometimes
 I have one ip address with lots of different port #'s (I need Listen,
 otherwise the virtual server can't use that address), and sometimes I
 have lots of ip addresses with the same port# (port 80 or 443).  I would
 like to just use one template for all of my virtual servers, and
 currently they have one Listen statement per included virtual server.

 Unfortunately, because of this conflict between multiple virtual
 servers, I can't do that; I have to manually maintain all these Listen
 lines.

 Does this sound reasonable or am I doing something wrong?  Is there a
 different/better way to make ports available to my virtual servers?

    - Kevin Wang, kwang@nexprise.com