www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Richard Stubbs <richard.stu...@ukcouncil.net>
Subject general/7777: Virtual hosting failing
Date Thu, 24 May 2001 18:39:09 GMT

>Number:         7777
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Virtual hosting failing
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
apache set up as i have been doing the same for 3 years
but the virual hosting is not working

set it up for

Listen 10.0.0.5:80

NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.5

<VirtualHost 10.0.0.5>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@dummy-host.example.com
    DocumentRoot d:/www.test.com
    ServerName www.test.com
</VirtualHost>

<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>403 Forbidden</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Forbidden</H1>
You don't have permission to access /
on this server.<P>
<HR>
<ADDRESS>Apache/1.3.20 Server at www.test.com Port 80</ADDRESS>
</BODY></HTML>
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
revert back to 1.3.17 my settings in httpd.conf file works fine!