www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Reinier Post <reinp...@win.tue.nl>
Subject general/7691: apachectl doesn't support cmdline options to httpd
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 15:07:15 GMT

>Number:         7691
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       apachectl doesn't support cmdline options to httpd
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The bin/apachectl binary doesn't support the use of command line arguments to httpd.  I use
a version hacked to support this.

It also fixes what I think is a bug: the server status is re-checked for each
argument, because the code is within the loop.
>How-To-Repeat:
Try

  apachectl start -DOI

(which is what I use to start a differently configured 'OI' server)
and notice that httpd gets started without the -DOI flag.
>Fix:
Adapt <A HREF="http://www.win.tue.nl/~rp/util/apache/apachectl">my version</A>
(the indentation is imperfect to make the diff return only true differences) or implement
the same idea in a different way.