www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Gernot Zander <h...@gmx.de>
Subject mod_proxy/7685: unexpected server disconnect
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 04:31:27 GMT

>Number:         7685
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       unexpected server disconnect
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Using apache as a proxy to come through a firewall the browsers
(tested IE4 and lynx 2.83) get incomplete pages. Lynx reports
"Error - unexpected server disconnect". Sometimes a reload helps,
but not often. It doesn't matter if apache uses a remote proxy or not,
and it happens to very many pages.
Using wwwoffle as a proxy instead at the same host works, and
using masquerading it works, too (but this isn't desired at a
firewall), so I assume the pages and the browsers are OK.
>How-To-Repeat:
Maybe it's a problem with the old libc, but everything else works fine with it.