www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Henry Levin <hle...@digidesign.com>
Subject config/7680: Korean language is coded as "kr", whereas standard says "ko"
Date Tue, 08 May 2001 03:21:00 GMT

>Number:         7680
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Korean language is coded as "kr", whereas standard says "ko"
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The default httpd.conf configuration reads
AddLanguage kr .kr

According to ISO 639-1 at http://lcweb.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/englangn.html#kl
The 2-character code is "ko"

due to this discrepancy, apache is unable to recognize the correct locale and file is saved
as filename.html.kr

>How-To-Repeat:
in default httpd.conf
AddLanguage kr .kr

>Fix:
Unless I am wrong, it can be fixed by changing all documentation that deals with character
Encoding.