www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From sl...@apache.org
Subject Re: general/7541: Documentation does not state to include /usr/ccs/bin in PATH
Date Sat, 05 May 2001 22:31:53 GMT

Synopsis: Documentation does not state to include /usr/ccs/bin in PATH

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: slive
State-Changed-When: Sat May  5 15:31:53 PDT 2001
State-Changed-Why:

I agree that this is somewhat of a FAQ, but I am loath
to add this information to the Apache FAQ because we
really don't want to get into documenting every possible
thing that can go wrong in a build system.
The "/usr/ccs/bin" location is only appropriate for
Solaris, so what you are really asking us to do is add
an entry saying "make sure that all your build tools
are in your PATH".  I don't really want to do that.

When we update the build docs for Apache 2.0, I'll
try to make sure that it includes a comment about
checking your PATH.

Thanks for using Apache!