www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Mike Varty <m...@bartec.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: general/7673: Apache reports 'cat: write error: Broken pipe' in error_log file
Date Fri, 04 May 2001 16:20:06 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/7673; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mike Varty <mike@bartec.demon.co.uk>
To: submit@bugz.apache.org, apache-bugdb@apache.org
Subject: Re: general/7673: Apache reports 'cat: write error: Broken pipe' in error_log file
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 16:42:58 +0100

 Further to my last report, I have noticed a few things:

 1.  I rebuilt apache directly on the Solaris 8 Ultra, and the problem does not occur

 2.  I realised that the Solaris 2.5 build was originally configured on SunOS 4.1.3,
 and copied over to the Solaris 2.5 machine for compilation and linking.  Thus, it is
 a strange hybrid build.

 3.  So I configured, compiled and linked another build directly on the Solaris 2.5
 machine.  This version now exhibits the broken pipe problem.

 This effectively rules out any doubt over the cause being binary compatibility
 issues.

 Mike Varty.