www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <li...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: general/7641: Exception-handling does not work when writing an apache-module in C++
Date Thu, 10 May 2001 02:29:44 GMT
> The following reply was made to PR general/7641; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Marc Schablewski <marc@clickware.de>
> To: marc@apache.org
> Cc: apbugs@apache.org
> Subject: Re: general/7641: Exception-handling does not work when writing an
>  apache-module in C++
> Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 13:00:00 +0200
>
>  I still believe, that this could be a problem with apache.
>
>  I wrote a simple C main program (copiled with gcc, not g++)
>  that loads a C++ shared library. This library contains just a single
>  function that trows an exception an than catches it.
>  (source code available, if needed)

That doesn't suprise me.  try/catch semanitics aren't built into apache by
default.  Change your cflags appropriately and try building the entire apache
with the appropriate switches, and I believe you will find it works.

Unfortunately, the try/catch semantics introduce additional overhead that
aren't warrented unless the module author (you) intends to use them, so Apache
is not built that way by default.

If you can document the appropriate gcc build changes required for try/catch
semantics, feel free to reply so we can document them.