www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <ad...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: general/7791: Apache docs online shortcut fails to start browser
Date Wed, 30 May 2001 16:48:23 GMT
From: "Donald Sharp" <dwsharp@iee.org>

> apache_1.3.20-win32-no_src-r2.msi sets up a shortcut to "Apache Docs Online"
> with a command that looks like
> C:\http:/\httpd.apache.org/docs

No, the shortcut created is http://httpd.apache.org/docs

Which version of the MSI installer are you using?  (simply run msiexec.exe to discover it.)

> It should look like
>
> <default browser> url to the docs directory

It's the job of the browser to register itself appropriately to handle
the http: space, even as a shortcut target, on Win32.

> I've edited my shortcut to
> J:\Netscape\Program\netscape.exe  "http://httpd.apache.org/docs"
>
> and that works very nicely.

Glad you found an effective solution.  As this appears specific to your machine's config,

we won't worry about it, unless your msiexec version points us to further issues.