www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From traw...@apache.org
Subject Re: os-freebsd/7648: Apache 1.3.19 segmentation fault in a jail
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2001 13:42:03 GMT

Synopsis: Apache 1.3.19 segmentation fault in a jail

State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
State-Changed-By: trawick
State-Changed-When: Sun Apr 29 06:42:03 PDT 2001
State-Changed-Why:
Please give a gdb backtrace from the coredump.  I'm 90%
sure this is a known problem in ap_get_local_host() where
a DNS lookup fails but we segfault dereferencing the return
value from gethostbyname().

See this patch to ap_get_local_host() if you're interested:

http://www.apache.org/websrc/viewcvs.cgi/apache-1.3/src/main/util.c.diff?r1=1.194&r2=1.195

To get a gdb backtrace:

  gdb /path/to/httpd /path/to/httpd.core
  bt