www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Tripp Lilley <tripp+apache...@perspex.com>
Subject build/7649: ./configure uses src/Configuration.tmpl, but docs refer to src/Configuration
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2001 09:25:30 GMT

>Number:         7649
>Category:       build
>Synopsis:       ./configure uses src/Configuration.tmpl, but docs refer to src/Configuration
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Wherever docs mention hardcoding configuration options, they say to copy
src/Configuration.tmpl to src/Configuration, then edit src/Configuration with
site customizations.

However, the top-level configure script (APACI?) subverts this, reading from
src/Configuration.tmpl. Furthermore, it -appears- to ignore AddModule and
SharedModule directives, preferring its --enable-module=... directives. My
enabling of mod_so through an AddModule directive actually seems to have worked,
but the other modules, all of which I marked with "SharedModule" are still
being statically linked into the core executable.
>How-To-Repeat:
tar -xvzf apache_1.3.19.tar.gz
cd apache_1.3.19
cp src/Configuration.tmpl src/Configuration
perl -pi -e 's|^AddModule|SharedModule|' src/Configuration
perl -pi -e 's|^\# (AddModule.*/mod_so.*)$|$1|' src/Configuration
./configure --with-layout=opt
make install
/opt/apache/sbin/httpd -l

Note that output lists lots of statically linked modules, and does not
list mod_so, which we specifically enabled.
>Fix:
Reading from Configuration instead of Configuration.tmpl is trivial :) The larger
issue of recognizing AddModule and SharedModule directives from Configuration is
another matter. No clue. Sorry :)