www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From M.D.Parker <m...@panix.com>
Subject general/7634: User cannot occur within <VirtualHost> section
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 16:47:29 GMT

>Number:         7634
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       User cannot occur within <VirtualHost> section
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
The subject is the error message indicated when I put a "User" directive within an IP virtual
Host bracketed area.  I have complied suexec and it is installed in the ServerRoot.

This functioning is contrary to what is described in the 2.0 documentation and in fact is
an absolutely necessary feature that I used to set the username/groupname in suexec'd cgi
scripting in my operations.