www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Andrew Milne <and...@stratus.net>
Subject os-linux/7633: httpd executes then exits with no error
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:41:23 GMT

>Number:         7633
>Category:       os-linux
>Synopsis:       httpd executes then exits with no error
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
apachectl start or just calling httpd from the command line causes it to start, then exit
normally with no error messages. setting the log detail to debug simply gives the message
"[info] created shared memory segment  #xxxxx" and no other information, apart from if I forget
to delete httpd.pid when it warns that there may have been a previous unclean shutdown.
>How-To-Repeat:
Seemingly from a similar post on usenet (with no given resolution!!!), it happens on linux
2.4.3 system with 1.3.19, though 1.3.17 gave me the same problem.