www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Wanda Belvin <wbel...@blackboard.com>
Subject os-hpux/7595: Sorry, but we cannot grok "hp9000_803-hpux10.20"
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2001 22:59:13 GMT

>Number:         7595
>Category:       os-hpux
>Synopsis:       Sorry, but we cannot grok "hp9000_803-hpux10.20"
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Environment:
OS => HP-UX 10.20 (HP-UX devtest2 B.10.20 A 9000/803)
Compiler = gcc freshly installed,the HP C compiler on the machine is not ANSI/ISO compliant

Partial entry:
CC="gcc" \
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/apache \
> --enable-suexec \....(etc)

Error 1:
Sorry, but we cannot grok "hp9000_803-hpux10.20"
uname -m
9000/803
uname -r
B.10.20
uname -s
HP-UX
uname -v
uname: illegal option -- X
usage: uname [-amnrsvil] [-S nodename]
uname -X

Error 2:
 + configured for Unknown and unsupported OS p latform
 + setting C compiler to cc
 + setting C pre-processor to cc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
 + checking sizeof various data types
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
** failed. This is most likely because your C compiler
is not ANSI. Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such
** as gcc. The above error message from your compiler
** will also provide a clue.
 Aborting!

Couldn't get it to pick up the "gcc" compiler.  It could be because it didn't recognize the
platform.

>How-To-Repeat:
I repeated the process several times and ended at the same result by just running the "configure"
script.
>Fix:
Maybe if it read the HP platform correct, the other problems I had would be corrected also.