www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Peter <pe...@helpnet.com.au>
Subject Re: os-windows/7593: Space in filename bombs Apache
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2001 06:00:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-windows/7593; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Peter <peter@helpnet.com.au>
To: wrowe@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: os-windows/7593: Space in filename bombs Apache
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 15:57:19 +1000

 Fair enough. Forget the suggestion for the bypass.

 At least have Apache produce an error message instead of bombing. The
 crash soaked up quite some time finding the exact cause of the error.
 There were no messages in any of the logs. I had changed a lot of lines
 in both .conf and php.ini while installing PHP and adding the extra web
 site to use PHP. Testing them by trial and error was time consuming.

 For a while I thought it was PHP and ISAPI.

 If Apache had put out a message indicating what it was attempting when
 the crash happened, I could have gone straight to the offending line in
 .conf and fixed it.

 Peter