www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Md.Azam <sa...@whateverittakes.com>
Subject general/7571: After working for 20-25 minutes normally, Netscape 4.7 returns "document contain no data" and IE 5.0 returns a blank page while try to repost a form and run a servlet
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2001 19:21:21 GMT

>Number:         7571
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       After working for 20-25 minutes normally, Netscape 4.7 returns "document
contain no data" and IE 5.0 returns a blank page while try to repost a form and run a servlet
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
We are using Apache 1.3 and JServ 1.1.1 in a windows NT4.0 environment. The webpages are both
static and servlet generated. Apache works well when it is started and inputs from a form
were submitted to a servlet (that creates a session) to process and create a web page. However
after about 20-30 minutes when a client tries to refresh or reload the form data, Netscape
4.7 returns " document contained no data" and IE5 returns a blank page. Static pages are accessible
at any time. We do not have any problem with static pages. We have noticed that only when
Apache is stopped and restarted, a client can access the servlet generated pages. And restarting
the server does not help. None of the log files Apache, JServ, mod_jserv shows any error.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
This problem can be resolved by stopping and then starting the server (rather than issuing
a restart).