www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From deanna thompson <ruebe...@thcnet.net>
Subject general/7520: apache died for unknown reason. "apachectl start" seg-faulted.
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

>Number:         7520
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       apache died for unknown reason.  "apachectl start" seg-faulted.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
while i was away, apache started sending out empty documents as response to all
requests to domains on my server.  ran "apachectl stop" to gracefully kill the
pid then "apachectl start" to bring server back up.  after the start, received
these messages:

/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl: line 184: 16904 Segmentation fault   $HTTPD
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

rebooted server (power reset) and everything started fine again.
>How-To-Repeat:
unknown.
>Fix:
sorry i am not a guru.  i leave it to the experts.  ;-)