www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From eric boulogne <eric.boulo...@adpcl.com>
Subject mod_cgi/7512: CGI unable to open tcp socket to connect to a Sybase/DB-Lib server
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 08:45:55 GMT

>Number:         7512
>Category:       mod_cgi
>Synopsis:       CGI unable to open tcp socket to connect to a Sybase/DB-Lib server
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
A cgi program connects to a DB-Lib server on TCPIP network to get data from an
external database.
Sometimes, the connection is aborted with a system error 9 (bad file number),
and no future connection is possible.
I need to stop apache and start again to resolve and unlock this situation (graceful command
is without any effect).
I precise that the same procedure runs well when activated in a other environment which not
use apache.
I don't know how to correct this problem.
Sorry for my English and thank for your help.