www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From jun-ichiro hagino <ito...@iijlab.net>
Subject build/7492: config for IPv6-enabled machines
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2001 21:59:06 GMT

>Number:         7492
>Category:       build
>Synopsis:       config for IPv6-enabled machines
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
it seems that the current code of Apache assumes RFC2553 section 3.7 (AF_INET6
wildcard socket grabs IPv4 traffic as well) and listens to AF_INET6 wildcard
socket only, by default.

For security reasons and other
reasons, there are a lot of platforms that does not do this.

therefore, if we run apache on those platforms, it will only accept IPv6 connections, not
the IPv4 connections.
>How-To-Repeat:
compile and run apache on IPv6-ready OpenBSD, NetBSD or Win2k.
>Fix:
1. listen to AF_INET6 and AF_INET socket by default, if there's no "Listen" directive.
see apache 1.3.x patches at ftp://ftp.kame.net/pub/kame/misc/.  use getaddrinfo
with AI_PASSIVE flag and then go through all the addresses returned.

2. have the following two lines in docs/conf/httpd-std.conf.
	Listen 0.0.0.0:80
	Listen [::]:80