www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Mark Frazer <m...@somanetworks.com>
Subject suexec/7466: Alias prevents suexec from wrapping cgi's
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2001 17:55:24 GMT

>Number:         7466
>Category:       suexec
>Synopsis:       Alias prevents suexec from wrapping cgi's
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I add the following alias to my httpd.conf
Alias /configuration/ /export/home/mjfrazer/public_html/configuration/

and the cgi scripts that are in that directory no longer get wrapped by
suexec.  Going to the scripts using
~mjfrazer/configuration/script.cgi works fine though.

Note that this could be a possible security issue if you want to give a user
an alias but keep the user from exec'ing programs under the httpd's uid/gid.
>How-To-Repeat:
Add an alias to a directory in a user's web space.
>Fix:
If an alias is to a directory outside of the docroot, suexec should wrap all
scripts.