www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Urban Links Newsletter<urbanli...@mail.com>
Subject BET -- Dismisses TAVIS SMILEY
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2001 01:03:11 GMT
This is a forwarding copy to you of an email that we sent to
BET.--

Regarding the non-renewal of Tavis Smiley's contract:
apparently you--BET, Viacom and your sponsors don't fully
understand black people.  You apparently have determined that
we want to be fed only a diet of rap music and comedy--without
balancing it with commentary and mentally stimulating
programming.  You are OH SO WRONG!  As a college educated,
highly articulate, self thinking black person-- I have chosen to
cease from viewing your programming.

Having in my possession some 400,000 african american email
addresses-- I am forwarding this email to them. What they do with
the info is a personal choice-- however, I can predict much of the
reaction-- Can you?
--Editor Urban Links Newsletter
PASS THIS ON TO YOUR AFRICAN AMERICAN FRIENDS---

TELL THEM--BET / Viacom-- WHAT YOU THINK!!!

BET EMAIL:    BET-TVComments@BET.com
VIACOM (which currently owns BET):  info@viacom.com

You are invited to join the growing community receiving "Urban
 Links" online newsletter. "Urban Links" is a newsletter that
promotes the afro-american online community. Each newsletter
contains exciting information regarding black business, black
entertainment, black entreprenuerialship, and yes even recipes!
Each newsletter will include an offer that will include special
pricing for URBAN LINKS members only. Join the URBAN LINKS
online community today ! Receive information regarding celebrity
chats, black business exchange forums, and more!

*** To join send a blank email to
urbanlinks-subscribe@topica.com  or simply "reply" to this mailing
with "subscribe" in the subject line.***
=====================================

THIS MESSAGE INCLUDES A REMOVE MECHANISM:
Further transmissions by the sender may be stopped at no cost
by replying to this message with the word "REMOVE" in the
subject line.  The remove process is AUTOMATED and all
remove requests will be honored.

This message is not intended for residents of the
states of CALIFORNIA, COLORADO, ILLINOIS, NEVADA,
OKLAHOMA, WASHINGTON and WEST VIRGINIA, and
wherever
else prohibited by law. Screening of addresses to
avoid sending this e-mail to residents of these states
has been done to the best of our technical ability.

Subscribe to "UrbanLinks" newsletter--
mailto:subscribe-urbanlinks@topica.com