www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From traw...@apache.org
Subject Re: os-aix/7418: Incorrect reporting of bytes sent by send_file()
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2001 16:07:29 GMT

Synopsis: Incorrect reporting of bytes sent by send_file()

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: trawick
State-Changed-When: Wed Mar 21 08:07:23 PST 2001
State-Changed-Why:
I'm closing the PR since it didn't turn out to be a problem
in Apache/APR.  More text follows...

>I'm curious about something though.  In your reply, you
>mentioned that apr_sendfile() doesn't loop until it sends
>all the so that the caller have control over timeouts.
>However, apr_sendfile() calls wait_for_io_or_timeout()
>which returns a bad return code if select() times out
>If you did loop inside apr_sendfile(), wouldn't
>wait_for_io_or_timeout() give you the timeout control
>you need?

First, what I should have/meant to say :)

We make multiple syscalls + select to handle the timeout issue.

We make multiple calls to apr_sendfile()/apr_send()/whatever
for reasons I probably don't understand/can't explain adequately :(

By the way... after your socket layer is updated try the test
program sendfile.c in the apr/test subdirectory.  It does a
pretty decent job of finding problems in apr_sendfile().

Have fun...