www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Bennett Oprysa <benn...@webcity.com.au>
Subject general/7443: POST Error, file too large
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2001 05:41:36 GMT

>Number:         7443
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       POST Error, file too large
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I have a form and script that allows users to upload files of any size to the server. This
worked fine on previous version of Apache (1.3.4), but since installing the new one I now
get an error ONLY if the file is over 1 meg in size.

This is the error in the log file, and is definitely caused only when the file to be uploaded
is over 1 meg. The error comes up immediately, ie its not a Timeout related error:

Malformed multipart POST
[Wed Mar 21 15:40:16 2001] [error] [client 203.17.36.12] Premature end of script headers:
/www/docs/www.dbmsystems.com.au/upload/upload.cgi