www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From James Moechnig <James.P.Moech...@syntegra.com>
Subject os-hpux/7428: libexec/*.so not executable in binary distribution
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2001 18:45:00 GMT

>Number:         7428
>Category:       os-hpux
>Synopsis:       libexec/*.so not executable in binary distribution
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
# uname -a
HP-UX hants B.11.00 A 9000/816 1915338291 two-user license
patches PHCO_22314 and PHSS_19956, possibly other libc and ld related patches are installed.

httpd will not start after default binary install.  cut&paste:
  # opt/apache/apache/bin/apachectl start
  /usr/lib/dld.sl: Call to mmap() failed - TEXT /opt/apache/apache/libexec/mod_vhost_alias.so
  /usr/lib/dld.sl: Permission denied
  Syntax error on line 207 of /opt/apache/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
  Cannot load /opt/apache/apache/libexec/mod_vhost_alias.so into server: Permission denied
  opt/apache/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
  #

See http://www.devresource.hp.com/CXX/Forums/cxx-dev/cxx-dev.0008/0105.html for
another instance of this problem.
>How-To-Repeat:
downloaded http://httpd.apache.org/dist/binaries/hpux/apache_1.3.19-9000-715-hp-hpux11.00.tar.gz
.
untarred and ran "./install-bindist.sh /opt/apache/apache" .
got above results.
>Fix:
libexec/*.so must be executable.  chmod +x libexec/*.so worked for me.
the package should probably be shipped this way, or else the need to chmod should
be added to the documentation.