www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Steve Leibman <...@exa.com>
Subject mod_dir/7419: URLs specifying a directory cause httpd to segfault
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2001 23:31:38 GMT

>Number:         7419
>Category:       mod_dir
>Synopsis:       URLs specifying a directory cause httpd to segfault
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious

When I try to access a directory, and do not specify a file name,
httpd segfaults, with the following entry in the errorlog:
[Thu Mar 15 18:21:17 2001] [notice] child pid 9370 exit signal Segmentation Fault (11)

And the browser displays the error message:
The document contained no data

It doesn't appear to be a permissions problem, since specifying
the file name makes it work fine:
http://mysite.com		breaks
http://mysite.com/index.html	works fine

relevant lines in httpd.conf are:
<IfModule mod_dir.c>
    DirectoryIndex index.html
</IfModule>

I do have mod_dir enabled.
I did try taking that out of the if statement, as well as changing
the default name, etc.

NOTE: this problem began just after compiling with mod_php (php 4.0.4pl1)

I have not found any comments regarding this problem in any apache or
php bug reports.

Thanks for any help.
Cheers,
-Steve Leibman