www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From VELLE bertrand <ve...@apogee-com.fr>
Subject general/7402: HTTP_FORBIDDEN with mod_ssl 2.8 authentication and DirectoryIndex
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2001 17:38:55 GMT

>Number:         7402
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       HTTP_FORBIDDEN with mod_ssl 2.8 authentication and DirectoryIndex
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Configuration:
--------------
- DirectoryIndex is set to index.html
- SSLVerifyClient is set to optional in order to be able to use 'basic' or 'certificate' fake
authentification

Facts:
------
- Using account/password and https://www.xxx.yy/ returns us the index.html page (compliant
with DirectoryIndex directive)
- Same but using a certificate returns 403 FORBIDDEN error
- Same but referring index.html (https://www.xxx.yy/index.html) returns the index.html page

Control:
--------
Same http.conf file used with apache 1.3.14 / mod-ssl 2.7 works nicely.

Seems it could be related to the "security fix release addressing a problem which could lead
to a directory listing being displayed in place of an error message" ?

I have'nt been able to trace this way as changes have'nt been source documented !