www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Tim Diggins" <...@red56.co.uk>
Subject RE: os-windows/7371: Wrong formatting of value for registry key inserted by default installation (easy fix)
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2001 10:40:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-windows/7371; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Tim Diggins" <tim@red56.co.uk>
To: <submit@bugz.apache.org>, <apache-bugdb@apache.org>
Subject: RE: os-windows/7371: Wrong formatting of value for registry key inserted by default
installation (easy fix)
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 10:07:13 -0000

 (oops) apologies, that wasn't quite the situation. Even when the ServerRoot
 key's value is changed to the apache-internal format, apache seems to ignore
 it. This could be a documentation error on the order in which Apache looks
 for the ServerRoot value.

 It _seems_ like you can't change the ServerRoot for Apache running as a
 service under Win98 (without recompiling...).

 Anyway, my bug seemed to be easy problem, easy fix.  In any case there's an
 easy-enough workaround for me(use the compiled-in serverroot path).