www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jim Brownfield <Jim_Brownfi...@radical.com>
Subject mod_jserv/7378: Apache JServ interface fails with no data returned
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2001 01:30:33 GMT

>Number:         7378
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       Apache JServ interface fails with no data returned
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
This is actually a problem between Apache and SCO, although the only time I've ever seen any
effect from it was using mod_jserv.

Even though SCO's documentation says it returns EAGAIN on a read that would block, it actually
returns EWOULDBLOCK.  This throws off read completion checking in the Apache src/main/buff.c
and src/main/http_protocol.c modules.  Adding a check for EWOULDBLOCK fixes the problem.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

In Apache's src/main/buff.c module

734c734
<     else if (rv == -1 && errno != EAGAIN) {
---
>     else if (rv == -1 && (errno != EAGAIN) && (errno != EWOULDBLOCK))
{
1054c1054
<           if (errno != EAGAIN && errno != EINTR) {
---
>           if (errno != EAGAIN && errno != EINTR && errno != EWOULDBLOCK)
{
1088c1088,1089
<       while (rv == -1 && (errno == EINTR || errno == EAGAIN)
---
>       while (rv == -1 &&
>               (errno == EINTR || errno == EAGAIN || errno == EWOULDBLOCK)
1091c1092
<           if (errno != EINTR && errno != EAGAIN) {
---
>           if (errno != EINTR && errno != EAGAIN && errno != EWOULDBLOCK)
{
1128c1129
<       if (errno != EAGAIN) {
---
>       if (errno != EAGAIN && errno != EWOULDBLOCK) {

In Apache's src/main/http_protocol.c module:

2312c2312
<             if (n < 0 && errno != EAGAIN)
---