www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Lenny Miceli <mic...@joey.acsu.buffalo.edu>
Subject Re: os-solaris/7251: Running into problems at approx 232 virtual hosts.
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2001 19:50:06 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-solaris/7251; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Lenny Miceli <miceli@joey.acsu.buffalo.edu>
To: slive@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: os-solaris/7251: Running into problems at approx 232 virtual hosts.
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 14:49:11 -0500

 On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 07:26:53PM -0000, slive@apache.org wrote:

 > Synopsis: Running into problems at approx 232 virtual hosts.
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
 > State-Changed-By: slive
 > State-Changed-When: Thu Feb 15 11:26:49 PST 2001
 > State-Changed-Why:
 >
 > Please see:
 > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#fdlim
 > and also consider using mod_vhost_alias.

   We can't run mod_vhost_alias since all of our virtual hosts are very
 distinct per department so every Virtual host definition is not similar
 enough to use this functionality.

   I thought I would be able to have upto 1024 file descriptors, since solaris
 allows this max and I have the following in the script that starts the apache
 server:

 unlimit cputime
 unlimit filesize
 unlimit datasize
 limit stacksize 2090000
 limit coredumpsize 20480
 unlimit vmemoryuse
 limit descriptors 1024

 Also, your answer doesn't explain why I can't use kill -USR1 anymore to
 have the server reread the config file.

 Thanks for you time in this matter,
   Lenny