www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Gary Argraves <gArgra...@earthlink.net>
Subject mod_proxy/7250: 'proxyPass' may corrupt requests and cause delays in processing.
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2001 16:33:54 GMT

>Number:         7250
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       'proxyPass' may corrupt requests and cause delays in processing.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
OS system: SuSE Linux 7.0 and Win-ME

Config: The Linux machine has two NIC's.
One  is  connected  to  the  web (via cable modem), and the other NIC is
connected to a local Class C network (192.168.71.0). The win. machine is
on the local class C net and is also running apache. Linux uses apache's
'proxyPass' to send/forward http requests to the windows machine.
Problem 1.
 There is a long  delay  before  the  proxy  request is forwarded to the
 windows machine (30 seconds +). I  used  a  program  call  'iptraf'  to
 verify that the request is delayed and held over in the Linux box.

Problem 2.
 Sometimes the data arrives at  the  windows box corrupted. I viewed the
 corrupted request in the apache http.access_log on  the  win.  box.  It
 seems  as if some characters were lost. The access log on the Linux box
 seems correct.

>How-To-Repeat:
the problem is repeatable.
>Fix: