www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Mark Yu <lockheed-mar...@usa.net>
Subject Re: [Re: os-windows/7222: pid file overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run]
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 21:00:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-windows/7222; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mark Yu <lockheed-martin@usa.net>
To: submit@bugz.apache.org, apache-bugdb@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: [Re: os-windows/7222: pid file overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache
run]
Date: 10 Feb 2001 04:57:06 CST

 submit@bugz.apache.org wrote:
 Thank you very much for your problem report.
 It has the internal identification `os-windows/7222'.
 The individual assigned to look at your
 report is: apache. =

 >Category:       os-windows
 >Responsible:    apache
 >Synopsis:       pid file overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apa=
 che
 run
 >Arrival-Date:   Fri Feb 09 08:50:00 PST 2001

 Additional Information:
     The error message appears whenever the Apache service is restarted af=
 ter I
 make changes to the configuration file httpd.conf.
     And it recommends me to check the errors.log for more infomation, how=
 ever
 I can't get anything related in that file.
     Once I manually stop the service and delete the pid file then restart=
  my
 system afterwards, the error doesn't occur.
     But it's so weird, it comes again after I just do a restart of the se=
 rvice
 and make it opened until I restart my system. See what happens, I find th=
 error logged again in the event viewer after I just logon.
     I tried many ways to find some tricks inside, but not helpful.
     BTW, the previuos Apache 1.3.14 I have ever installed seems has no si=
 milar
 issues.

 Regards,
 Mark