www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From sl...@apache.org
Subject Re: mod_setenvif/7215: CGI needs actual HTTP request header values.
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2001 19:08:21 GMT

Synopsis: CGI needs actual HTTP request header values.

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: slive
State-Changed-When: Thu Feb  8 11:08:14 PST 2001
State-Changed-Why:

I am a little confused about why you need this, since
CGI scripts already have access to all the HTTP request
header fields.  For example, if I send an X-Test: 123
request header, then Apache sets the environment variable
HTTP_X_TEST to the value 123 and makes it available to
your CGI scripts.

In any case, if you really need the ability to set
environment variables manually based on the request
headers, please look into using mod_rewrite which has
this capability.

Thanks for using Apache!